Friday, August 26, 2011

...quickie-the sequel.....

...because, just basically, I used the same stamp that I did in my last post.  So can you tell that I am loving this Penny Black "Candid" stamp?  Again, lots of distressing as well as colored pencils.  This time I toned down the orange strip by applying some white Faber Castell Gelato and smudging it all around as well as adding the same white to the tips of the flowers.  I am entering this into the CASE STUDY CHALLENGE #54 which is to showcase our Signature Style.  I think for me, at the moment, my signature happens to be colored flowers (usually pencil colored as seen here) on a square card that is heavily distressed.  I usually go for strong, bold colors and somewhat unusual color pairings.  I also do bling.  Lots of bling.  Usually ten or twenty pieces too much but well, we all have our addictions.  And, I usually always have some form of ribbon or twine as well as a sentiment although I am thinking that I might be stepping back from sentiments somewhat.  But not the bling....I will not be blingless ;-D  Hey-here's my card...                          

...ain't it purty?  I like it-kinda lots!

Thanks for stopping by....
Be well,
Sheila
                                                                  

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Love your sense of humor and the way you color flowers!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Sheila it is as if "Candid" was designed especially for you. You have mastered coloring this flower! And don't ever give up your bling :0)

Lisa said...

The bling is definitely what I would call your signature mark and I can't imagine a card made by you without it!! Don't stop! :)
And it is sooo "purty" LOL :)
Thx for all the giggles today while I got caught up on your blog!

Maureen Morton said...

You make me laugh about the bling! I used to be the same way with glitter. I love your style - so rich. You do amazing things with color, Sheila! And I need to learn more about that Gelato.Thanks for sharing!

Aimes said...

What a pretty card! Love the bling :)
Thanks for sharing your signature style with us on CASE study this week!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Andrea Ewen said...

Those flowers are colored brilliantly! Love the colors that you chose, so wonderfully complimentary! Glad to have you playing along with us at CASE Study!