Saturday, November 5, 2011

Hidey-ho...

...I am having a blast with these little reindeer.  Totally unexpected fun from this particular Hero Arts set here . I bought it because my local scrapbooking store was having a "deal" on stamps and the HA snowflake background here were part of a bundled package that was at a good price.  So, I scooped them up and wow-not normally the "cutesy" image kind of person but these little guys have been a blast!  They are MADE to be paired with "Diamond Stickles"!  So, another reindeer card (and just some inside information here....I have another one drying in pieces on my table AND hopefully it will turn out the way I have it pictured in my mind....). I am going to enter this in to the Case Study Challenge #64 (CSC64) but I also have to give "props" first to Elizabeth Allan of Elizabeth Allan's Art Studio Blog.  Elizabeth makes the most amazing framed cards and seriously, it/they (but not Elizabeth because she is extraordinarily nice, helpful and the OPPOSITE of intimidating...) intimidate me.  They look so complicated but they also look soooo cool.  And, so, I saw the CSC64 "framed card" and knew, deep in my soul that TODAY was my day to attempt the framed card.  I went to Elizabeth's site and looked at card after framed card and followed her basic directions here.  And it was really fun to do!  So, thanks Elizabeth, for giving me an afternoon of pure enjoyment....I felt like I was back in elementary school making my folks their Christmas card!  I do believe I will also  put this in the HA pool/challenge, for obvious reasons...it's HA and blinged and maybe the 2peas site if I can figure it out. And, lastly, (I know, multiple challenges = so UNLIKE me...guess I'm growing and maturing as a person hehehe)  I also am going to put it in the Lily Pad Simon Says Stamp Texture challenge because...it's textured.  So, here is my card:

                                                             
Thanks again for slogging through another insanely long post....you should meet me in person = I can yak till my coffee's cold!  Take care and enjoy your weekend!

Be well,
Sheila

12 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

this is super cute, I adore the reindeer image...have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

Rosemary said...

what a fabby card, sheila! and i agree, elizabeth does make the most amazing framed cards!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Sheila your card is fabulous! I love all the sparkle and happiness! Thank you for your kind words. I feel blessed to have met you!

Dawn said...

totally awesome Sheila. I love your reindeer and such a awesome scene, I wish I COULD meet you, you seem like a fun person to spend time with.

paula said...

Hi Sheila, I so can relate to you. I get a bit carried away some days ;). Love your card, it looks so amazing. Good luck with all the challenges. I'm going to have to check out a few of your links later *sigh* as the kids are being well kids xoxoxoxoxoxo

Debby said...

Cute image, great colour and fun texture! Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

Sasha said...

A super Christmas card, Sheila. I love your framework...especially the embossing. And the reindeer jumping over the trees looks fab:)

Mel G said...

Gorgeous fun reindeer card Sheila! Love the sparkle & the textured frame!!

Maureen Morton said...

You are such a pure delight - I feel your excitement! This turned out so great - love the texture and the happiness. I am off to check on the window instructions. Thanks for sharing and for giving me a grin.

Aimes said...

Super fun Christmas card! Love the embossed frame too (as well as that cute reindeer of course!)
Thanks for joining us on CASE study this week :)
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Tiffany said...

This is super cute, Sheila! Love that darling reindeer too!

Lin said...

I really like how this all came together, Sheila. I'm not a cutesy stamp person either, but everything I've seen with these reindeer make me smile - this is a hit for sure! I'm so glad you joined us at the Pond this time!