Friday, August 3, 2012

Loving...

my summer!  It has been hot and happy around the Hnilicka household.  I am really not a true hot and humid weather person but for whatever reason it has been a wonderful summer to be outside and walking.  I have mentioned before but at the end of the month I will be doing the Susan G. Komen 60 mile walk and that also coincides with my 50th birthday.  What a better way to celebrate!  I have loved "training" this past summer and it has reintroduced me to the joys of walking...usually 2-3 hours a day and all the solitude and contentment that goes along with having that chunk of time to oneself.  Bliss.

I did make a card, finally!,  and I made it for my little lunch buddy.  Lunch buddy's are kids that are paired with an adult to have lunch with once a week through out the school year.  My little buddy from last year sent me an adorable card and letter that she had written and I wanted to return the favor to her.  I have only a few images that are fun and silly and this was one that I thought would be perfect.  On the inside I have a sentiment from Hero Arts that is perfect for this little girl.  Sorry for the quality of the pic....I took this on my phone as I forgot and left the camera in my husband's car ;-D  The image is a Whippersnapper Stamp Co image....made right here in Wisconsin!



I stamped the inside of the card with "You're so Special" in purple ink and then double matted it on patterned paper.  It looks adorable.  Would've been great had I thought to photograph it!  Oh well!  I hope you are having a wonderful day.  I am planning on going to a place called "Glaze" with my middle daughter today.  It is a place where you can paint pottery and then have it fired and glazed for pick up at a later date.  Take care!

Be well,
Sheila

8 comments:

Pam W Merwin said...

This is so cute Sheila! I think your lunch buddy is going to love this :)

Barb said...

I have a feeling your lunch buddy is going to love this, Sheila! It's adorable and I love, love, love the purple and green combo!

Pajalu said...

Shelia this is just gorgeous. I bet your lunch buddy will get a huge kick out getting this card from you. It is just gorgeous xoxoxo

Dawn T said...

sounds like a great summer Sheila. That's a great way to celebrate your birthday. This card is adorable.

Greta said...

Darling card, Sheila--love that you used a stamp made in your state. What a great program. Bet that little girl was thrilled to receive this.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Your lunch buddy is going to adore this card....I certainly do!!

Jenni's Jems said...

Aw this is so cute I'm sure she loved it! x

Sasha said...

This is soooo cute, Shelia. Your little lunch buddy is going to love this. So perfectly coloured too xx

Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog.
I don't mind at all if you case my design for your wedding card...that would be great!
Yes, I do make the front of my card first, and then I adhere it to a smaller folded card base. Hope this helps xx