Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Today is the first day of the rest of my blog.......

Hi World!
     Soooo, today I am starting my blog and I am so scaredexcitedhappynervousworriedhopefultickled....that I almost don't know where to start.  Notice I said almost because really, I do know where to start and that is in the "Thank You" aisle of my heart.  Thank you to my husband who totally supports (both emotionally and financially heh-heh) my mad passion to play with paper, colored pencils and glue dots.  Thanks to my lovies Bess, Clarice and Corm who for years have expressed love for and admiration of EVERY SINGLE CARD or HOMEMADE WHATZIT  that mom gave them....no matter how REALLY AWFUL the item looked.  And thanks, yes, really thanks to the online communities of stampers who I know only through my computer but I could never have taken this blogging step without their encouragement, tips and support.  So many people have helped me through these stamping communities with wonderful comments on my little cards and projects.  And, I have loved visiting these people's blogs and getting glimpses into their lives through their creativity that it truly has spurred me on to my own blog.  Yep, I'm taking that big step.  Yikes!  It seems like only a few days ago that I was "hemming and hawwing" to my family about whether I should take the plunge into the HA card pool!  But I did dive in and have loved every minute of it.  So, here is my blog....I hope you like it...and I hope you will be able to stop by from time to time to say Hi!

and p.s.  please be patient while I find  my computer and blogging groove :)

18 comments:

MarcyK924 said...

CONGRATULATIONS Sheila!! It just takes some hunting around and it's really easy. You did a wonderful job! I'm still learning, so we can be newbies together!! Happy Birthday to your "baby" too!

judkajudi said...

Congratulations on your new blog! The design is great! I am a fellow Wisconsinite living in Alabama! Blogging is such a great way to share our hobby!

Deb Walker Deb Stamps Life, LLC said...

Yee Haw! Congratulations Sheila! You did it! Looking great so far, and I'll bet you'll be a whiz in no time! Can't wait to see what you bring us!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Congrats, Sheila! Looking forward to seeing your creations here!

Rosemary said...

congrats on your new blog, sheila!! love the background!!

Lin said...

Look at this, Sheila!! It's lookin' good, and you even have some blinkies over there!! Welcome to a new addiction :)) I have been stumped getting my flickr photostream on my blog, too (I used to have it, then it disappeared one day!)......if you figure it out, please share! Looking forward to some pics of your dachsies!!

joy said...

Congratulations, Sheila! I'm impressed because I can't do the blinkie thing yet OR the Flickr photo stream either. Looking forward to seeing your pretty cards here.

Please visit my blog when you have a chance:

www.morningglorycardstudio.blogspot.com

Am hoping for more followers over there:)

Michelle W said...

Good for you, Sheila! I'm thrilled for you that you started a blog. It looks great and I look forward to seeing what more you will do and what you have in store for your postings.

Congratulations!

Brenda said...

Congrats Sheila! So glad you took the leap! Cannot wait for your first crafty post! Just have fun!

Cindy Groh said...

Great job at taking the first step towards blogging. It is quite fun to poat your creations on for family and friends to see. Best wishes.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Yay! So happy for you! It will be very addicting always changing it around and playing with the colors and design, you will have lots of fun! Can't wait to see your future designs!

Kimba's Kreations said...

Hey there Sheila....

Can I say that I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!! How and where didi you get this background???? I REALLY like it...may have to steal it from you. I added my name to be a FOLOWER!!! I am no where near to what I want my blog to look like. Some of the ladies in our group have amazing ones.....this is such a GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT!!! Have a great Thursday and ROCK ON with your new blog!!!!

Kimba
kimbaskreations.blogspot.com

Linda said...

congratulations on your new blog Sheila! I hope you find your groove soon! Altough it looks perfectly allright to me now :)

Mary Dawn said...

congrats! your blog looks beautiful! i can't wait to see what you make :)

Anette said...

Congrats on your new blog, Sheila, LOVE the design! I'm a newbie too!

Barb said...

Yippee! You did it! And it looks fab! Welcome to the world of blogging, Sheila! I'll be back often!

Anonymous said...

One more reason to keep you, Shelia, in my "very admired" category. You have lots of artistic talents, great communication skills, and vision. Good luck on your new endeavor.

Your crappy crafts sister-in-law.

Deirdre said...

Congrats Sheila, you will thoroughly enjoy blogging. Love all the photos you have posted. Off to have another read now of the bits that I missed. Hugs to you. Deirdre

ps I am a follower now too!