Friday, August 5, 2011

Actually....

...I did have this card I made for my sweet Aunt.  Her name is Rose and she came to stay with us last night on the way to my FIL's funeral.  She is my FIL's sister, and she and my daughter drove from Minn together which is a lovely bonding moment (6 hours worth of conversation) for my daughter to look back on in the years to come. Anyways, I wanted to have a super special, pretty feminine card for Rose.  I DID NOT use a "Rose" on her card as I am sure in her well over 70 years that image might be a little overdone for her but I did pick a flower that would burst with color for her....and then I played up it's colors by adding the glimmer of stickles to the image.  I am also entering this into the CardPatterns Challenge # 126.  I always like the sketches that they challenge us with and find that they can really be interpreted very loosely to inspire me!  Here is the sketch to follow:


And here is my card.


Thank you so much for stopping by....I hope to be back with more regular posting after the funeral and when life settles down a bit.

Be well,
Sheila
                                                    
                                                          

3 comments:

Lin said...

Beautiful, Sheila! I'm sure she's going to adore it. Sorry to hear about your family sadness......

Elise said...

Sheila, YOU are a doll! I'm sorry for your loss, but THIS card will definitely create some smiles! THANK you so VERY MUCH, for sharing your talent and inspiration with Card Patterns!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Beautiful card for your Aunt, she will love the pretty colors and the sentiment is so thoughtful!