Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I think that...

...this is such a darling image.  It is a stamp by LaBlanche that I purchased through the i{love}mementos  online store sometime back but just found the time to sit down and work with it.  Darling, darling.  And, I am sooooo not a person who would willy nilly bandy about the word "darling".  I love the pensive, absorbed expression on this child's face....it is like a rendering of a photo...the type of photo that I often like to take; one where the person is very much "in the moment" and somewhat forgetful that there is another person flitting about taking photo's.  Anyways, it was a fun image to color and I am still practicing (translation=having a BLAST) with my new copics.  I used patterned paper for the card but did distress a strip of white paper with stormy blue distress ink. I have no idea who I might send this too and so didn't put on any sort of sentiment...I think that more of my cards from here on out might be sentiment-less so that I am able to have more options when friends or fam need a card to use.  Also, sentiments tend to send me into a cold sweat....I never know where to put them.  Here is my card....I hope you like!
                                                                            
I can totally see coloring this girl differently, using Christmas colors, and then translating the field of flowers into a poinsettias...I mean, who cares that it isn't really "accurate" right?  Anyways...Thank you for stopping by today and as always I appreciate any comments and/or suggestions you might have ;-D

Be well,
Sheila

9 comments:

joy said...

This is one of my favorite LaBlanche images too, Sheila! You have done a terrific job with your copics. Just beautiful!

Dawn T said...

It is an adorable image Sheila... your Copic colouring is stunning.... I am still learning about shading and light streams etc.. I might just have to add this to my wishlist of stamps.

MarcyK924 said...

Sheila, this is gorgeous! Your Copic skills are well-honed from mastering the use of your pencils! These colors are SO much fun! You should enter it into our challenge over at Stamptacular Sunday! Hugs, Marcy

Lisa said...

Sheila, I think you should have been a writer! You always make me giggle :)
This card is a beauty- you always do the most amazing things with these images! You are doing amazing with the Copics too!

Maureen Morton said...

Simply stunning, Sheila! Wow! Thanks for introducing me to this beautiful line of stamps. They are beautiful. You have colored it like such a pro! I agree about sentiments.....they can always be added to the inside. You are a Copics Champ!

Nancy K said...

I love this card, Sheila! That image is {darling} and your coloring has enhanced it perfectly. I like your idea to leave the cards sentiment-less; that's always where I make my biggest blunders and have to resort to creative embellishing. Can't wait to see this image decked out in Christmas colors!

Virginia L. said...

You did an awesome job on the coloring!! So gorgeous! I guess it's LOVELY, with or without glitter :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Sheila I can see how much you are enjoying your Copics - masterful coloring!!

Jill said...

Okay, girl, when you and the Copics are together, you are creating some major masterpieces! You did such an awesome job coloring this image. I never would have thought to have colored this in with Copics but I am IN LOVE with the look you achieved. Have really enjoyed all of your recent posts- sorry I don't get to comment as much as I want to. BIG hugs, my friend!!