Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Fun with paper....

I am absolutely craving some "me" time!  I always get this way when the holidays are finished and everyone has gone back to school.  I find that I need a bit of quiet and crafting in order to get centered again.  I was able to make two cards this past week and I cannot tell you how great it felt to be putzing around with inks and papers again.  Heavens!--one card even has some copic coloring on it.....something I haven't had the time to do in ages!

A friend of mine recently had surgery and so a get well card was made for her.  I love this particular Whippersnapper image and sentiment.


And here is the inside.....I thought that I would include an shot of it as the sentiment is so darn cute!


My second card is for a friend who is starting out on a new "path" in life...a different direction that she was not expecting and not prepared for but is really making the best out of.  I admire her fighting spirit and her ability to make positive goals out of the circumstances that life has handed her.  I wanted to give her a note of encouragement...as she is setting new and different goals to achieve her new and different dreams.  And, I admire that in her....well, in anyone really. (EDITED:  I see now in the photo below that there is a rebel bit of bling hitching a ride on one of my pearls.....please know that this errant gem was plucked before postage and safely returned to it's package for proper placement on another card!!!)


I did want to say that I completely understand if some of you think I am a terrible person!!!!  It has been next to impossible lately to get into my own crafting zone much less being able to visit and comment on all the beautiful pieces of work that my friends are crafting.  I do plan to visit and comment more....in the meantime I am THAT PERSON who is creeping on the blogs without having the time to comment!

Take care and,
Be well,
Sheila

9 comments:

Barb said...

Been missing you lots, Sheila! So glad you've found some time to create - both cards are wonderful! Sending hugs! :)

Maureen Morton said...

No worries about blogging, Sheila! Seriously. Love these cards - and the dear stories behind them. You are so great with coloring and layering! Wow. Love that chicken image.....done up so fine. Glad to see you back in these parts, girlfriend.

joy said...

What nice cards, Sheila! That chicken is so cute. Please don't apologize for having a life beyond blogland! Sometimes I disappear for weeks at a time! LOL And, most of my cards are made to actually send to someone; not just to fit into a challenge.

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Glad you had some crafty time! Your cards are lovely! You have a great style! So many beautiful details.

Greta said...

2 great cards, Sheila. I love the design & colors of the first one--will surely brighten her day! The second is another lovely example of your great use of dies & is so fitting for your friend.

Dawn T said...

fabulous cards Sheila. Love them both

Pajalu said...

Hi Sheila these cards are so beautifully done. I bet your friend loves her chicken card. I got a giggle reading about the errant bling. Your card is stunning. I love the vintage feel of this card.

Robin K. said...

Hi Sheila! I would never pass judgement as I am often that person "lurking"! You should never feel bad about your life being full:). I love both of your cards- so thoughtful. The comment about the errant bling made me LOL! I often find errant bling stuck to my clothes:)

Arlene said...

Love your cards!!!!!!

That "chicken" is so darn funny! And a gorgeous "dream" card.

Sheila, Take care and have fun.