Friday, September 30, 2011

yeah....sometimes flowers

that are considered to be Spring/Summer images just ache to be colored in Fall colors.  Know what I mean?    In my opinion, (now stick with me please....)  stamped images are kinda like people when it comes to seasonal changes.  Here in Wisconsin we have 4 very distinct seasons.  And that means 4 very distinct layers of clothing when it comes to style/texture/weight and color.  A soft pastel t -shirt looks "summery" or spring like when donned in 40 degree weather yet that very same t - shirt but in the colors of burn't orange or olive green, rust or mustard all of a sudden looks very season appropriate....very "fall-ish".  I do believe, (in all my cheapness and need to stretch my stamps as far as they can go :-D ) is that stamps also benefit from a "change in hue".  I am all into, lately, using my traditional spring- summer flowers in deep, rich fall colors.  And, knowing how my stamps have their own, distinct personalities...I think they are happy with the wardrobe change too!  So, here is my card...and I'm still on a marker kick.  This is done with TomBow markers on watercolor paper.I put in some chalk highlights and finally broke out my glitter pen 'cuz I love my sparkle (although it really makes no "artistic" sense here)!  The image is from the "Outlines" stamp line and  I purchased this stamp at the  i {love} mementos online store.  So, here is my card:



...and, thank you very kindly for stopping by!

Be well,
Sheila


                                

                                                  

6 comments:

Elizabeth Allan said...

Happy Friday Sheila! I am wearing three layers today! Fall chill in the air. Love what you have been doing with the Tombow markers. You've captured the autumn colors perfectly!

Tanya said...

Gorgeous coloring, loving the autumn colors on your flower cards! We are getting the cooler weather starting tomorrow, Today its 88 by Sunday we will se lows in the 40's crazy! Have a great weekend!

Lisa said...

Ooooh!! I'm lovin' the shape of this card!!! This looks amazing colored with fall hues!
Brilliant, Sheila!

Dawn T said...

Boy Sheila... I really love the colours of this one. Glad I found your blog!

Barb said...

Wow, Sheila! Beautiful coloring! You are so right and it's fun to color floral stamps in all kinds of shades! Love this!

Brenda said...

Wow Sheila! You are busy, busy today! This card is spectacular! I totally love these warm fall colors (even though it's still in the upper 90's here)! You are having an awesomely creative day, I just love those days!