Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Being nice....

....to mice.  Or, specifically, one mouse in particular.  This little guy is another Whipper Snapper Design and the inside of the card reads "The best gifts are tied with Heartstrings."  I love that little sentiment.  And although this particular image is called "Valentine Mouse" I do believe that it can be used a lot more!  And, his heart balloon can be changed out for another type of balloon....anyways, I will def use this stamp for occasions other than Valentine's Day.  I am pretty pleased with this card but need to become better at coloring "pinks".  I would have liked his ears and tummy to have been less "hot" looking.  Does anyone have a favorite combo of copic pinks that they use to achieve this?  Anyways, I know that lately I have been using  several Whipper Snapper Design images.  For those of you who haven't heard of this company you might want to give them a look - see.  They are a Wisconsin based company that makes an excellent stamp and have lots and lots of images and sentiments to choose from.  When I travel to a town about an hour + from my house to purchase my son's racing swim suit I plan a stop around this store that is an official carrier of WSD stamps.  Now they also have an online store....yikes!  But if you are ever interested in them here is the link WSD....or if you are ever in Wisconsin give me a call and I will take you there myself :-D

So, here is my card...


...and thank you so much  for stopping by!

Be well,
Sheila

7 comments:

Barb said...

What an adorable card, Sheila! Love your cute design and your awesome coloring!

As far as pink Copics go, for a softer look, I like RV00 and RV02. they blend nicely together for a lighter pink shade. :)

Sasha said...

Such a cute image, Sheila...and so beautifully coloured, too:) those words of the sentiment are really lovely:)

Pam W Merwin said...

Now he is oh so cute! And guess what my Whipper Snapper stamps came in yesterday~Woo Hoo! Can't wait to ink them up - thanks for sharing :)

Pajalu said...

Sheila your mouse looks amazing. I love your colouring. If I was downstairs I'd be able to tell you what pinks I use. If I get smart I will email you my fav colours the next time I am at my desk xoxoxo

Lisa said...

This is adorable Sheila! These WSD stamps you've been using lately are so cute! I'm looking online- thx for the enabling....I think :)
This card also seals the deal for me on getting that picot circle die! I've beeen eyeing that for a while now- LOVE it!

Lisa said...

OH yes- and my favorite, favorite Copic pinks are: R85, R83, R81
They blend beautifully- the best I have experienced-but they are a bit more "rosy" and soft rather than the bright pink.

Dawn T said...

such a cute card Sheila. Love mice here on your card, but not when my cat brings them into me.