Monday, April 16, 2012

Pretty pumped...

as on Thursday and Friday of this week I get to attend  Copic Certification Courses.  I am so excited!  I have been checking the Copic class website for quite awhile now....even before I ever owned a Copic marker!  My reasoning was that Copics were such an investment that if I were to start buying them I really needed to learn how to use them.  Take classes and learn techniques.  I have never taken art or any type or art classes since probably 5th grade so doing all this card making was fine and fun and besides the stamps not too expensive but Copics, well, Copics were another deal entirely!  The markers are more expensive, the paper is more expensive therefore all of my mistakes are more expensive!  So, I learned that Copic does have real classes and I then I learned that they are few and far between and by that I mean....they were in  cities no where close to me!  So, I broke down and bought the Copics anyways and studied people online, followed the Copic blog as well as other blogs related to coloring with Copics.....and continued to troll the class website hoping for a class somewhat nearby.  Finally, there were standard and intermediate classes offered in Minn....about 6 hours away from me.  But then....yippee yahoo!-there was the same set of classes being offered in Milwaukee, Wi....a town about 1 hour away from me.  I applied online so fast my keyboard was smoking!  And I was accepted and now I am super excited to go!  I think it will be fun. My class is being taught by Debbie Olson and I have always loved her blog and her coloring.  I hope to learn so much....like how to add detail and better blending, better use of colors etc.  I will let you know how it goes next week!

My card today is a fun little image and sentiment from WhipperSnapper Designs.  I never have enough "get well" type of cards on hand and when I saw this little guy (what IS it about chickens?) I decided to splurge and bring him home.



The photography here is so hot but the card is cute!  I GA'd the noodles, the beak and the carrot slices.  The coxcomb is colored and then stickle with rusty hinge distress stickle to make it "bumpy" and textured.  The chicken is cut out and popped up on dots and all of it is layered on lots of patterned paper!  Thanks for stopping by!

Be well,
Sheila

7 comments:

Sasha said...

Such a cute image, Sheila. I love how you always colour your images so beautifully. Good luck with your Copic Certification Course...although you don't need me to wish you luck, you will walk it!! xx

Maureen Morton said...

I am so excited for you, my friend...a whole new adventure and chapter in your craftin' life! Wow! I already consider you a master, so this will take you over the top. Love this funky chicken, too.....makes me smile, just as you always do. Hugs!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Your Copic coloring is wonderful Sheila! Glad to hear you enjoyed the workshop!

Barb said...

I've always thought your coloring was amazing, Sheila - it'll be fun to see what you learn! I know you'll enjoy the class! Adorable card!

Lin said...

What a fun post, Sheila - love your card, it made me giggle! You are such a smart cookie, taking classes for all the right reasons with those copics. We'll all benefit from them, I'm sure!

Robin K. said...

So happy for you Sheila!!! Although I think you are already a pro when it comes to copic coloring! Loved your card when I saw it on flickr.

Dawn T said...

very cute card Sheila. And I am so very jealous of you getting to go to a Copics Certification class.