Sunday, April 15, 2012

A simple thanks...

...will suffice.  Today I have a simple thank you card.  Thank you for all of the really lovely comments that you all have been making.  It really makes me feel so good.  I started using copics last October and  have had so much fun playing around with them.  I find that when it comes to "mistakes" the blender pen is my beeeeeessssst frieeeeend! But, I do appreciate all the sweet comments and compliments on my coloring....it really does make me feel so happy! Now to today..... I love the look of poppies....such a vibrant color! As a kid, I remember heading to the store with my dad and him telling me why people were stationed there handing out paper poppies on a green wrapped wire.  I always loved making our donation, saying our Thank You's and then receiving a bright paper poppy in return.  I really like this particular poppy image that I used today.  It is by Northwoods Rubber Stamp Company and the sentiment is, perhaps, Hero Arts or Penny Black.....it was from my sentiment "pile" that never seems to get put away!  I used Authentique patterend paper.  What I would do differently now is dropped the sentiment down a bit.  It looks a little high to my eye.  I originally was going to mat the image on white followed up with one mat of colored cardstock.  But recently I have been playing around with matting on color, highlighting with white and then finishing on another color and I like the richness that triple mat gives to an image.  But, in this case I didn't measure it out and thus the sentiment is "off".  Oh well, as my father in law used to say....measure twice cut once!  Good rule to follow!  Here is my card ;-D


Today I hope to get to a bit of crafting and quite possibly curl up with a good book....it is storming quite a bit today.....lots of wind, rain and thunder!

Be well,
Sheila

4 comments:

Sasha said...

Your colouring is always beautifully done, Sheila...on every single card...including this one! Gorgeous poppies! xx

Jenni's Jems said...

Wow your colouring is awesome love the way the colours just pop out at you! x

Pajalu said...

Sheila your card is simply stunning. I love everything about it. If you hadn't said anything about the sentiment I wouldn't have noticed. Gorgeous card xoxoxoxxo

Elizabeth Allan said...

Beautiful!