Friday, September 21, 2012

Sympathy cards....

have always been a little rough for me to make.  Actually I am sure that they are difficult for any of us to make.  For me, besides the obvious reasons, sympathy cards are hard because I am very bad at going with less color.    I try to to "subdue" the overall palette but then I usually end up with a card that I would never, ever send out to anyone!  So, I revert to a less vibrant combination of colors.  And, while it is not perfect it seems to be what I can do at the moment.  These three cards area all using HA stamps and sentiments and I like to use silhouette stamps for this purpose....they deny me from "coloring" my image.  If anyone has a very good, overall sympathy design please point me in that direction....I would appreciate any help or recommendations!  Here are mine....all getting sent out tomorrow ;-(




They all seem to be listing a bit to the left!  Oh well.....thank you so much for stopping by!

Be well,
Sheila

6 comments:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

These are all lovely Sheila! I am sure they will be much appreciated.

Sasha said...

They are are all really lovely sympathy cards, Sheila. I always think it's the kind words that count xx

Lin said...

Beautiful cards, Sheila - love all the lacey edgings! Yes, sympathy cards are so hard to do. I usually go with a pale monochromatic color scheme.

Dawn T said...

you have done a great job on these Sheila. I particularly like the last one. The little touch of blue with the black and white

Pajalu said...

I'm with Dawn, you have done a fantastic job of making these cards. I like the last one the most. I'm sorry you have to make these - but you have done such an amazing job on them all xoxoxo

Greta said...

Your cards are beautiful & so appropriate, Sheila. I like your use of the dies & the color schemes. Here's a CAS design I used for a sympathy card http://www.flickr.com/photos/stampinnurse/6903428286/in/photostream