Saturday, July 9, 2011

So NOT a circle girl.....yet!

So over at the Penny Black Blog the challenge is "circle" cards.  Wow-seriously a challenge for me.  First of all, the cards came out so small!  I feel like my stamped images kind of overwhelm the size of the card.  I like the "sweetness" of the little card but TOTALLY need to work on finding how to finish a circle card without it looking so very crammed and crowded.  So, long and short of it is...Circle cards = big time challenge for me but one that I did enjoy and will absolutely try again.  These particular cards are going to  my oldest daughter and another lady along with some c.d's that I burned for a little mid - summer gift for each of them.  Nothing better on a hot day (or night :-p) then to put on a little bit of Al Jarreau, Anita Baker or Stevie Wonder. In fact I was jamming to Mr Jarreau ( I call him Al  heheh) the whole time I was card making today and it was wonderful ;-D  I was really happy to get some crafty time in as this week was impossible when it came time for myself and inks so, unfortunately, I have been pretty delinquent, or should I say "truant" to summer card camp.  I did do one card in this weeks colors and my second card kiiiinnnnda uses the colors from the additional color palette provided.  Not a great student this week. Oh well.....

                                                                


                                                                          

Both cards used Spellbinder dies,Penny Black Stamp#1 and  Penny Black stamp#2, Distress Inks and colored pencils.  And let me just say here and now....I think birds are very, VERY hard to color!

Bye now and thank you so much for stopping by!

Be well,
Sheila

                                                          

6 comments:

Judy said...

Sheila, these cards are beautiful. You did a great job. Hope you have a wonderful day.
Judy

Lisa said...

I think both of these are awesome, Sheila!! Personally, I love the larger images on the smaller card because it really fills it up to become the real focus. I love how little bits of the image may go off the sides of the circle. Really love your die cut shape and agree that images like the bird are hard to color! That said tho, yours is beautiful :)

Rosemary said...

well... looks to me like you are a circle girl, sheila! both these cards are great!

Jill said...

I love your circle cards! I think your coloring is AWESOME! Great color choices, too!! HUGS!

Pajalu said...

Birds might be hard to colour, but you made it look so easy. Love your circle cards. Isn't it fun to work outside your comfort zone xoxoxoxo

Virginia L. said...

Love your circle cards! Love the layering and colors! I think you should make it more often!