Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sun! Sun! Mr. Golden Sun, Please Shine Down on Me.....

Ok....I'm into suns at the moment.....we are having a record heat spell this week.   I totally loved the challenge at City Crafter Challenge Blog and then I remembered that  I had this old-old-old sun stamp of mine along with an old sentiment in my hardly ever used bin.  Love it.  It's funky.  So, another card for that particular challenge!    

                                                                  Take it, it\ 







                    
I like this card and the overall design but think that if I were to do it again I would try to space the sentiments a little farther away from the stamped image....otherwise, to make this look "hot and sunny" I first colored with Distress Inks than accented those colors with similar but a shade darker markers. Then I added glitter pen or stickles to make it "sizzle"!  Finally, all sections of the card where cut out and layered on top of each other using pop dots. Thanks for stopping by again...I always appreciate it!  Really!

Be well, 

Sheila                                                                

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I think the sentiments are perfectly placed! You did a SUPERB job coloring the sun and moon centerpiece! This is truly wonderful!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is super fun and I do remember this song.... thanks for sharing this lovely work with us at CCCB!

Unknown said...

I just love you sun stamp.. So artsy.. Your card looks wonderful. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

cnelson said...

This is so GORGEOUS! LOVE that incredible sun! Thanks for joining us at CCCB!

Ros said...

This s just perfect for the challenge!! What a fabulous stamp and I love how you used yur inks to colour it .. wonderful! thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

Elizabeth Allan said...

Sheila you always have such wonderful colors. In answer to your question - Cutter Bee scissors :0)