Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Challenging.....

myself to participate in more challenges.  Really, actually, so very difficult for me to do. I tend to miss the deadlines, deviate too far from the sketch....or just feel too much pressure all together.  I know.  Pressure from a card maker challenge?  But yes.  It does happen and most definitely to me.  But today I sat down and and looked at a Moxie Fab challenge that I thought I could handle and then tried to pair it with a Card Patterns sketch challenge. It worked!  So here we go.  First the deets on the Moxie Challenge.  I love the fresh look of gingham and knew that I had some lovely paper in my stash so I decided to enter the Gingham Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.  This is maybe the second time ever that I have entered the Moxie Challenges and I am pretty pumped about it!
 And then I decided to try the Card Patterns Weekly Sketch Blog's Challenge # 164.  Here is the sketch we are to follow.  I deviated some as per usual but I am super happy with how this card turned out and the sketch was a big jumping off point for me!  Here is the sketch:

and here is my card:


I am not sure what light I like it in better so here it is in  different light.  I feel that this one doesn't show off the pretty paper as well though.  Still working on my camera skills....


The stamp is a Northwoods Rubber Stamp Co. stamp.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

Be well,
Sheila

8 comments:

Barb said...

I definitely like the first photo better, Sheila - shows more of the beautiful contrast between the green and pink . . .(LOVE) It's a gorgeous card! Love your marvelous coloring and wonderful take on both challenges! :)

Pam W Merwin said...

This is gorgeous - your colors on the flower are perfect! I love the first photo too ;) The colors are more vibrant!

Sasha said...

Beautiful card, Sheila. Your first photo is more enhanced, it has more contrast and shows the detail and colours much clearer.
I will be away until the end of May, so won't be able to blog until I get back xx

Dawn T said...

beautiful card Sheila. Your first photo is more effective. Somewhere in between would look stunning.

Robin K. said...

I definitely think the first photo shows the contrast in the colors better! Love how you used the gingham in your design and your gorgeous flowers! P.S. I've been trying to participate in more challenges too - even bought myself a pretty weekly planner at Staples to keep track of them all :)

Maureen Morton said...

A serious stunner, Sheila! Love that coloring - you are a true master now! I get it - I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about challenges, but I think it is good for the old brain. I am having troubles with photography but I don't want to take the time to practice and learn more....need about 32 more hours in each day. Good luck with your challenges - and sleeping! Ha!

Anna-Karin said...

Wow such a beautiful card! Love the colouring of the flower and the die cut that you used underneath them. Thank you for playing along at Card Patterns!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Sheila! Thanks for linking this up to the Gingham Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)