Monday, November 21, 2011

I must apologise...

...I have beenon vacation for the last 8 days and although I had many posts "set" to go for whatever the reason they did not post as planned. In addtion, I brought my ipad thinking it would be easier and less bulky and there was internet but no wireless so I also wqs unable to comment on anyone elses blog. Oh well- i hope to catchup with all when we get home! Currently I am enjoying wireless in the airport! So on to my previously recorded post!

I must be feeling rather poetic this week as my last two cards contain a form of the word "poem" in the title!
For this particular card  I went back to Penny Black stamps and used the Garden Poems image here 3869K.  I love these sweet little, doodled flowers and today I used more jewel toned (in my view) holiday colors.  Then I brought down the holiday look a little bit by distressing the background....making it somewhat "cloudy" looking.  I think I like it.  I wasn't sure at first....but now that I have had a few hours to look at it I do believe I like the distressed appearance and feel it helps to make the stickled stems and flowers "pop" out more.   Sometimes, I feel when working with patterned paper that the paper begins to "take over" the image and with this card and its cloudy background, I feel that the image is able to stand on it's own!


The papers again are all Basic Grey....I am really loving their lines lately!  Thank you for popping in!

Be well,
Sheila
                                                             

2 comments:

Maureen Morton said...

No worries, girlfriend! You are seriously permitted to take a vacation. It is gooood for the soul! Love this doodle-ly card, too. Funtastic coloring! Hope your travels were happy.

Tiffany Ervin said...

Really gorgeous card with the patterned papers and pretty florals! No need to worry! We all understand that time away from the computer is a must and that we can only do so much...I just try to have fun and not stress too much nowadays. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!