Monday, November 7, 2011

Not too...

...sure it I like this card.  It is really "out of the box" for me and perhaps that is why I am unsure.  I had an idea in my head the minute I saw the Mojo Monday sketch 
                                                               


and also knew that I wanted to take part in the colors for CR84FN C hallenge.


 I had recently picked up the Basic Grey/Hero Arts Little Black Dress paper and stamps here ( fairly delicious) and so I pretty much had the card all made in my head...it just didn't translate into reality quite the way I pictured it.  Oh well, we all have days like that! Actually, when I finished it and just pretty much went "ehh" I thought "of course!  I am trying to enter a challenge and that is where my execution and mojo always tank!". hehehe- well, anyways,hey-here is my card.

                                                               
I am aslo going to enter this into the Basic Grey Eye Spy and the Hero Arts Flickr group.  Ta-ta for now...I really shouldn't even be crafting today...I have tons of housework, errands and my son's jazz concert to attend tonight soooo I should have been up and about instead of glued to my chair.  But you understand...I NEEDED to craft ;-D  Thank you for stopping by!  Enjoy your evening.

Be well,
Sheila

13 comments:

Barb said...

I totally understand - ever since I started this hobby a couple of years ago, the house cleaning definitely takes a back seat to the creating. I really like this card, Sheila! It's a beautiful take on the sketch and colors! Love all the different patterns too! Have fun at the concert tonight! :)

bessanne said...

i do like this, its different from your others, but i like the layout hah! have fun at phs tonight, tell sebranek i say hey! :)

Sue Lelli said...

Sheila, you are being WAY too hard on yourself! Maybe it's just because it's different than what you normally make? I LOVE the polka dots and the Chevron banner. The flower medallion turned out GREAT ~ did you cut it out before you mounted it! I'd say it's a keeper! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh, I absolutely love this card! You did perfectly with arranging all of the elements and the colors are right on!!

Dawn T said...

I really like how you challenged yourself Sheila. It is a stunner. I agree with Sue... your are hard on yourself. Those papers and stamps work so well together.

Anonymous said...

Yay to no housework - life's too short!! Love your gorgeous creation. Tania XX

Maureen Morton said...

Wow - you are really working the challenges, Sheila! I have been wanting to get my hands on that Little Back Dress. This turned out so great - most elegant and girlie! Love!

Sasha said...

Hi Sheila,
I can't understand why you have negative thoughts about your card. It's gorgeous! And your layout looks perfect. Those papers are delicious, and I love all your embellishing work:)

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Sheila! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Sheila this card has such a great modern feel with the pink and black combination. Very striking!

Lisa Elton said...

I think it turned out great Shelia! Give me some fun polka dots and I'm a happy girl! Love the chevron paper for your cute banner. Wonderful job on both challenges :)

Debbie Carriere said...

Beautiful card! Love the classic colors and patterns! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!!

Deborah Frings said...

Well, I like it! The embossed flowers, papers and gorgeous roses - just lovely! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!