Friday, January 27, 2012

Challenges!

Yes, well, I am actually going to enter one today.....HA!  It has been like forever since I have had my act together enough to enter a challenge!  I actually don't have to work too hard at this particular challenge as it is The Lily Pad Challenge to use Patterned Paper.  And since I have, basically, been pretty well addicted to patterned paper for sometime now it really isn't tooooooo much of a stretch for me to take part in this challenge.  And, because there is NO LIMIT to how many cards one can enter and the challenge runs for about a month!-well, ya hey!- I am going to be entering to my little ole' hearts' delight!  The cards that I am entering today are both floral images mounted over pp.  Surprise surprise right?  Well, I go with what works for me I guess!  The first card with the Hero Arts Pom Pom Flower K5571stamp might be a little overly distressed. Oh well,...sometimes I think I get a little heavy handed with my distressing....either that or I need to clean or toss my little foam thingy ma'bobbers when the get too ink saturated.  Anyways, I had planned on the card being a little "brighter" but instead it ended up more "vintage-y" looking.


  For the second card that I am entering I guess I am going to have to create a second post.....I am not sure how to link up two cards from the same post to a single challenge.  It keeps kicking me back so if anyone has any tips for me I am all ears!  Thanks for stopping by....and please check out my other card...I think I like it better ;-D

Be well,
Sheila

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Sheila! First, your card is lovely! Beautiful colors, love the turned up edge at the bottom and that flower...

And second, you can't link up two cards on the same post for the same challenge as far as I know. It won't recognize a second attempt with the same blog URL. I think it's silly, but that's the way it is. I've tried numerous times....Just do it like you are doing it now :)

Have a great weekend!!

Tanya said...

Love the beautiful PP and the flower is wonderful. I love the distressed look. Good luck on the challenge :)!

Barb said...

Lisa's correct. It just doesn't work. What I've done in the past is to link one of the cards to your blog post and the other one to your card in your Flickr photostream.

Love this one - so gorgeous with the pretty paper and beautiful, bold flower! So glad you joined us at Lily Pad Cards, Sheila! :)

joy said...

The distressing looks just fine to me and I love the vintage feel to this card, Sheila!

Sasha said...

Such a gorgeous card, Sheila. Beautiful, papers, and your flower is devine! I love your distressing, too:)

Vicky said...

Pretty card! Love the paper you used. Thank you for playing with us at lilypad cards.

CanadianScraps43 said...

Wow this is stunning. Oh my goodness! The papers, the colour and the colouring is just devine. Wow. You knocked this out of the ballpark. Hugs.