Saturday, January 28, 2012

Fixated....

...on this particular Stampendous Stamp.  Love it to bits.  It is the Stampendous Jumbo Peony  and I am thinking it is mighty fun to color.  While yesterday I colored it in copics today I went for Faber Castell Big Brush markers with white chalk highlights on the tips.  I a also entering this card in the Color Throwdown Challenge #176 or CTD176.  I am loving the color combo that they had for inspiration this week and luckily had some cool pp to put a card together for it.  LOVE IT when that happens.  Anyways, here is the inspiration photo....



And here is my card.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  I am off to watch my son compete in a swim meet.  I LOVE swim meets!

Be well,
Sheila

8 comments:

Sasha said...

I also love this stamp, Sheila. Peonies are my favourite flowers, and come in the most wonderful colours. You have coloured yours so beautifully! I love the backing papers you used and the sweet tag with twine...I can see a winner here!!:)

Lisa said...

Love the subtle color change from the first one you did! It really is one knock-out of a flower isn't it?! You color is so beautifully!!

Pam W Merwin said...

So gorgeous - love the color choice! Your papers are beautiful too!

Barb said...

You use paper and stamping so beautifully together, Sheila! Gorgeous card! We missed you at lunch today - hoping you can be there next time, and hope your son did well in his meet! :)

Jenni's Jems said...

Very lush card and love that flower ! x

Maureen Morton said...

Oh my - WOWZIER! Such an amazing flower, Sheila! You are getting so darn expert at this coloring thing. Wish you could teach us a class! This is stunning!

dpkennedy said...

That bold flower is stunning! Your coloring is fabulous! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Sheila this is drop dead gorgeous. Oh my word. I so love that stamp. I actually saw it at M's and wanted it but couldn't break down and pay over 24 bucks for it. So I really must wait until it is less, but now I want it for sure. Thanks for the inspiration.Hugs.