Thursday, November 1, 2012

My daughter

asked me if I could make her several cards recently as well as one "special" looking one.  I told her "no problem!" as I had a few new Spellbinder dies that I wanted to try out!  So, this is one of the cards.  I also am going to enter this card in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge of Just Add Pearls.

I have been loving the new dies that I have purchased and they just seem to lend themselves to the addition of pearls and other bling.....of course, when is bling ever NOT needed right? And besides the little bitty pink pearls I also used pearlized pink card stock.  I really love how it looks embossed! The image is a large background stamp from Heartfelt Creations.....colored up and cut down to size.  I colored this with Faber Castell Big Brush markers and "highlighted" the image with white pencil and stickles.

I had fun with this card and it was fun to sit and play for a while. It has been a crazy busy week and I am looking forward to my husband coming back home on Saturday.  I am actually going to get up at 5:00 tomorrow with my son (who gets up to swim) but I plan to craft a bit before I go for my walk....I feel the need to INK!
Be well,
Sheila

14 comments:

Judy1223 said...

Hi Sheila, thanks for your supportive comments at my blog...you are such a sweet, caring lady and I appreciate you! I also love stopping by your blog because, not only are your cards gorgeous, but your posts are so "real." I really do appreciate you and your talents! I'm sure your daughter was WOWed by this beautiful card!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Your coloring is always amazing! Love the white highlights.

Greta said...

Oh I bet your daughter will approve of this one, Sheila! Gorgeous flowers & I love shimmer cardstock! glad hubby will soon be home.

Virginia L. said...

The coloring is amazing, Sheila! I love the new diecut that you chose for this design!! I know your DD will appreciate all the work that went in to this card! It truly is special!

Barb said...

That pearly paper really is gorgeous embossed! LOVE the way you colored the pretty flowers, Sheila! Beautiful card! :)

Dan said...

Great card Sheila, I love how yo've shaded the flower petals. Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

Maureen Morton said...

Wowzer, girlfriend! This is so stunning. I had to enlarge the pic to get the full impact of the shimmer and bling. Love how you used the white pencil - fantastic idea. I also love that your kids commission your work - what a joy to be able to "shine" for them in this way. I have missed you - you never disappoint. Glad you are still walking.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Great bling accents Sheila! A one-of-a-kind beauty!

joy said...

Hi, Sheila! You really did a beautiful job with those brush markers - I love the addition of the white and the pearls. Your daughter will love this pretty card.

Dawn T said...

a fabulous card Sheila. Such vibrant colours and love the embossing and the dies.

Pajalu said...

Sheila what a gorgeous card! I bet your dd is so happy with this card. It looks amazing. Your colouring is spectacular

Jenni's Jems said...

This is such a special card I am sure your daughter loved it ! x

Brenda said...

I love all the shine Sheila! And your colouring is always impeccable!

Ava said...

Sheila, this is simply gorgeous! The coloring on the flowers is so special and I love it all!