Tuesday, November 13, 2012

There...

is just something about blue flowers that gets me every time.  I couldn't  tell you how many times I have colored a floral image blue.... I never get tired of it.  And it's strange because blue is not a color that I am drawn to in any other aspect of life.  In fact, I have had painters here in the house the last two days and not a single room was painted blue....although I will say, I guess, that one of the bathrooms is now a pale teal. So, maybe that is a bit on the blue side after all.  Anyways, this particular card is for a friend who is going thru a trying time in her life.  We all have those rough patches that really test us....and often times we feel like we are going through our troubles alone.  I want, in a small way, to let this person know that I am thinking of her and that this difficult time will eventually pass. By the way, she is a "bling" girl.  I hope I put enough sparkle on......This is a Penny Black image called Sundail..  It is a terrific all purpose floral image.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts Luscious Patterned Flowers.  I plan to enter this card into Hero Arts Bring on the Bling monthly challenge



as well as Simon Says Stamp Challenge "Thinking of You" / or "Sympathy" card.



And here is my card.  I hope it brings a little smile to her day.


Thank you for stopping by....

Be well,
Sheila






10 comments:

CanadianScraps43 said...

Hi sweetie. It has been way to long since I have been here. So sorry but life is crazy it seems this year. So I don't get to visit everyone's blog like I want to but I am trying to play catch up most times and leave a little love. So in saying that, I want to say that your beautiful and magnificant blue card makes me smile big. I so love the way you blingged this flower out! Just love it. It really pops. Thanks for sharing another HA creation. I can't remember the last time I shared a creation with their product on my blog and it would be great to get my wood stamps inky again. Hopefully this weekend. Miss everyone in our HA flickr group. I hope you and your sweet famiy are doing well and enjoying the autumn season. Have a Happy up coming Thanksgiving. Big Hugs.

Sasha said...

Your flower looks spectacular, Sheila. I love the beautiful bling! Such a lovely layout, too :) x

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love all that bling! I am sure your friend will love it!

Pajalu said...

Sheila your card is fantastic! I love everything about it. Way to go. Good luck with the challenges & I am sure your friend will absolutely love this gorgeous card

Barb said...

I have a feeling she is going to LOVE this, Sheila! Gorgeous, blingy flower - love the blue! :)

Dawn T said...

what a stunner Sheila. This will cheer up anyone and I'm sure your friend will love it and the spirit it has been made with. You are really a sweetie!

Maureen Morton said...

Oh, Sheila, this is glorious! It is extra special because of the love you've adding for your friend....you are so generous! This flower has such flair and punch. That lacy background sets it off so beautifully, too. Hugs!

Brenda said...

This will definitely make her smile Sheila! That flower is superb!

Jenni's Jems said...

Now I'm a bling type of girl so this gets my vote - it just sparkles! x

Greta said...

Love your blue flower--gorgeous card!